Physical Education (PE) Curriculum
At St. Clare’s Catholic Primary School, we constantly strive to deliver the highest quality Physical Education, sport and physical activity opportunities for all our children. PE, sport and physical activity are at the heart of our St Clare’s community and support with our learning and development.
At St Clare’s Catholic Primary School we are committed to the Department for Education’s vision for the PE and sport premium funding,
ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport
The funding has been provided to meet the following objective,
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in our primary school.
At St Clare’s we plan our improvements in PE and sport against the following 5 key indicators,
1) the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2) the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3) increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4) broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5) increased participation in competitive sport